- I am a Chartered Physiotherapist, registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Reg Number: PH96097), Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Acupuncture Association of Charted physiotherapist.
- A Four and half year of Bachelor degree from New Delhi, India, 2009.
- An Eighteen months of Masters degree in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy from Sheffield Hallam University, 2011.
- Acupuncture Foundation Course in 2018 from The Acupuncture Association of Charted Physiotherapist.
- Injection Therapy Post Graduate Diploma in 2022 from Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine affiliated by Queen’s Margaret University.
- Non-Medical Prescriber from Birmingham City University, 2023.
- In 2012, I started my first NHS Rotational Physiotherapist job at Heart of England NHS FT where I got chance to complete my rotations at Good Hope Hospital, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Hospital which helped me in having extensive experience in assessing and treating patients with neurological, respiratory, musculoskeletal, medical, surgical, intensive care, elderly, trauma & orthopaedic conditions.
- In 2015, I got chance to work as Senior Physiotherapist (Band 6) at Solihull Hospital but soon moved to Good Hope hospital to work in Trauma and Orthopaedic department and worked there until 2017.
- From 2017 to 2018, I worked at Central & North West London NHS FT as an Advanced assessment physiotherapist (Band 7) in Rapid response team where I improved my knowledge on medical management of patient in the community.
- From 2018 to 2019, I worked for Worcestershire Health and Care NHS trust in their Droitwich and Worcester clinic and seen mainly community patients who required help with their mobility and activity of daily living.
- In 2019, I started working in Birmingham Heartlands Hospital in Trauma and Orthopaedic department as a Senior Physiotherapist and then moved to major trauma centre at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and worked there until mid of February 2021.
- From February 2021, I have been working as a First Contact Practitioner for Birmingham and Solihull PCN and treating patient with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Also working as a sessional lecturer at Aston university for Independent Prescribing students since November 2023.
- I believe in “can do” approach and always aim to get best out of my patients by using my expert clinical, therapeutic and manual handling skills.
- I am a Charted Physiotherapist, registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Reg Number: PH127761) and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- MSc Physiotherapy with Distinction – Keele University, 2020 – 2022.
- BSc in Biomedical Science University of Birmingham, 2016 – 2019.
- Foundation Acupuncture and Dry Needling Course, 2023.
- Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma, 2022.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham- January 2022 to present.
- Having an opportunity of working in a major trauma centre, I had opportunity of working with patients with multiple trauma but at the same time I have also had experience of working in outpatient clinics with patients having sports injuries such as muscle/ligament injury and chronic pain such as lower back pain, neck pain, knee pain and have experience in dealing with fractures and post-operative patients.
I am a Chartered Physiotherapist, registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Reg Number: PH73541), Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy BSc 2:1 (Hons) from Coventry University in 2005.
- Acupuncture Foundation Course from AACP- December 2012
- Injection Therapist from Queen Margaret University – SOMM 2021
- England Boxing Level 3 Amateur Boxing Coach/Official British Boxing Board of Control Professional Boxing Trainer.
- Simon has experience of working as a Physio for over 18 years in the NHS as well as private sector.
- He is currently working as a First contact practitioner in GP practice in Birminham where he provide in depth assessment, diagnosis, and triage while taking responsibility for, and managing a complex case load.
- Simon has previously worked as a senior physiotherapist in all the local NHS hospitals in the NHS but majority of his work was at Solihull hospital for over 15 years.
I am an occupational Therapist registered with Health and Care Professions Council
HCPC Registered: OT73925
Sep 2013 – May 2016- BSC Occupational Therapy at Brunel University London UK
Practice Educator- Experience taking on students from Northampton, Coventry and Wolverhampton University.
May 2022- Edward Jenners Leadership Programme from NHS leadership Academy.
Massage Therapist- Diploma in Deep tissue, Swedish, Hot Stone and Indian head massage
- Sept 2022- Current- Specialist Occupational Therapist (Band 7), Community Respiratory Service, Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS
- Providing comprehensive care and therapy for patients with respiratory conditions.
- My main work within the team is around Long Covid and respiratory rehabilitation through rehab classes, fatigue breathlessness and anxiety clinics.
- May 2019 – Aug 2022– Senior Occupational Therapist (Band 6), Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- As a Senior OT, I played a key role in delivering high-quality care and therapy to patients. I provided leadership and guidance to junior staff and ensuring the effective implementation of treatment plans. I also manage the wheelchair service within the trust- managing stock levels and running of the service in general.
- This rotation post allowed me to gain experience in Trauma and orthopaedics, Stroke and Neurology, Cardio-respiratory, vascular and general Surgery and Admission Avoidance.
- Jul 2016 – Mar 2019-Senior Occupational Therapist, Bedford Hospital
- I started my professional career in this trust and worked my way up to a band 6 role before leaving. I gained extensive experience in providing acute services to patients. I worked within a diverse patient population and MDT with individuals all ages and various conditions. I implemented evidence- based treatment strategies, such as therapeutic exercises and manual therapy techniques to support patients’ recovery and attainment of personal goals.